Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
Why do you need auto insurance? Well, for one, when you have a car, you need to have auto insurance. It is like driving. You cannot drive without a driver’s license in Northwest Indiana. It is the same with the car. You cannot go on driving your car without auto insurance. Aside from the reason that it is legally mandated like your driver’s license, it provides additional benefits to you in case of accidents.
When you have auto insurance, you will more or less encounter road accidents. No matter how carefully you drive, someone will eventually bump your car or you bumped into another. As such, having auto insurance effectively diminishes the stress of having to finance the repairs and damages on your car. In addition, you don’t have to finance everything that the other party sustained from the accident. If your insurance covers liability premiums, then you can breathe easier.
With Angel Auto Insurance, you don’t need to worry about liabilities arising from road accidents. We offer motorists in Indiana a range of comprehensive coverage that begins from the moment your application gets approved.
What happens when you don’t have auto insurance? Simple. You pay for the damages and repair of your own car and you also pay for the injuries and repairs that the other party sustained. How stressful that can be?
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)